1. Did you know that beeswax and honey have been used in the home since ancient times because they are natural products without any toxic or artificial additives?
2. Did you know that beeswax candles burn brighter, hotter, and has very little shrinkage which allows it to burn longer than candles made from paraffin wax? They also have the advantage of being smokeless and they do not drip.
3. Did you know that beeswax candles release a sweet aromatic scent that is derived from the honey and pollen that remain in the honeycomb cells?
4. Did you know that beeswax can also be used in your closets to deter moths and to add a honeyed scent to your clothes?
5. Did you know that Honey beeswax adds a subtle fragrance to your home, and help to enhance your health and wellbeing?
6. Did you know that it is estimated that bees must fly around 150,000 miles to produce just one pound of beeswax?!
7. Did you know that beeswax is produced by young worker bees after they have eaten large quantities of honey or sugar syrup?! Beeswax is used by bees to store honey during the winter months, which makes even more sense of why beeswax has it’s natural scent of honey because it literally marinates in it for months at a time!
8. Did you know that beeswax candles are considered the highest quality of any other wax?
9. Did you know that beeswax is so pure that it is used to conceal cheeses as they age to lock in the flavor?
10. Did you know that beeswax produces negative ions while burning which leaves the air fresher and cleaner?
11. Did you know that scented paraffin candles can pollute a room with almost as many toxins as those produced by cigarette smoke, because the majority of paraffin wax is a byproduct of petroleum refining?
12. Did you know that The American Chemical Society says paraffin can give off toluene, benzene, and in other toxins linked to asthma, eczema and lung cancer? The safest candles are those not made with paraffin wax but natural waxes such as beeswax, essential oils and other natural ingredients.
13. Did you know that of all the materials used to make candles, natural beeswax is considered to be the most prestigious, the most elegant and in many cases the most expensive?
14. Did you know that candles made with beeswax burn very slowly and cleanly with the sweet aroma of honey, creating a relaxing and intimate atmosphere?
15. Did you know that beeswax smoke does not contain carcinogens like other candles?
16. Did you know that after a considerable period of time, candles made of beeswax may appear to be covered with a mysterious white powder called “bloom”? Although “bloom” has no effect on the way the candle burns and is actually a sign of purity in 100% beeswax, it can create an attractive frosty appearance that can give candles an exotic look of “age”.
17. Did you know that beeswax emissions stimulate the pituitary gland and it can increase creativity, intuition, and dream activity?
Beeswax is produced by bees whereas paraffin wax is produced by chemicals. During your next candle purchase take the time to read the ingredients, and allow your buying decision to be based on your health and not your pockets. If the candle you’re thinking about purchasing doesn’t reveal in writing what kind of wax it uses, then you can be sure that it isn’t beeswax — which are the healthiest candles to buy according to the EPA (United States Environmental Protection Agency).
HONEY CHILD’S® prides itself on delivering the healthiest, best burning, longer lasting and sweetest smelling candles around. Although beeswax can be more expensive than paraffin wax HONEY CHILD’S, believes in good health for our consumers and refuse to make a cheap and unhealthy product. We think highly of our consumers and communities and only want them to have the absolute best candle that their money can buy.
Connect With Honey Child's® Candles On Social Media